auto-fill feature in mcedit

Hi,

I would like to add a feature to mcedit - internal Midnight Commander
editor. The feature is: when user press Ctrl+Space, it tries to finish the
word the user has just partially written, finding suitable word(s) from
the edited text itself.

I know this feature from JCreator Lite - freeware Java IDE for Windows -
and I find this very helpful when programming (think of repeating
identifiers...) no matter what proramming language is used. I heard that
such a feature is also in Emacs, but my favorite editor is mcedit.

Please tell me if this is already working in mcedit, or if you consider it
a drawback, or hard to implement for some reasons unknown to me.

I reckon I can modify mcedit, it won't be difficult, will it?

best regards,

Marcin Stefaniak
matmis mimuw edu pl