RE: midnight bug - feature request

Hi!

> > Additionally I'm not familiar in developing and
> distributing programs
> > under Linux, so the downloadable version (the zip file) is all the
> > files I got after a "make clean" command. Makefiles are
> still exists.
> > I think I should remove the
>
> There is magic target "dist" for make in mc's Makefiles.  But make
> distcheck is ever better :-)

Thanks a lot! :) It works... ;)

The distro package it created can be downloaded from
http://www.wish.hu/mc-2002-11-20-17-patched2.tar.gz

> > all and some other files, too, but I don't want to do it
> one-by-one,
> > and don't know the way to do it automagically.
>
> Making patches is not too hard after reading man diff.  Unified diffs
> are more welcomed among mc developers (diff -u).  Pavel Roskin

Patches in unified diff format:
http://www.wish.hu/mc-2002-11-20-17-patched.udiff

> distribute usefull shell script called ldiff for making
> patches. You need to backup files with some extention (say
> orig) before you
> change these ones, and after hacking you just need to run
> ldiff .orig > patchname.patch
> from mc source directory.  There are should not be symlinks in the
> source tree because find -path ignores symlinked directories.

Sounds good. I'll do it this way next time. Where can I get ldiff?
Can you help me to find a program that can do patching using the patch
file?

Bye,
  Andras