[BUG] FISH: trying to view a file (F3) to which I have no permission causes a hang

Let's assume that you're trying to view some file on a remote machine
to which you dont have the necessary permissions. FISH executes the shell
code in linear_star, fish.c which invoke cat on the other machine. Now in
this case cat wont output anything but the code in linear_read, fish.c
will try to read from the remote machine effectively cause MC to hang.

Sorry, I dont know how to fix this the best way.