Re: mtools extfs script patch proposal

Hi!

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> > cd /#c
>
> I get a message
>
> Cannot chdir to "/#c"
> No such file or directory (2)

Yes, you need to create the link like this to let it work (I mean the C:
mtools drive filesystem entry):

su -
cd /usr/share/mc/extfs
ln -s a c
echo "c:" >>extfs.ini
exit

After this cd /#c will go to the root of the c: mtools drive. Similarilly
you can do this modification in /usr/share/mc/extfs for any other mtools
drive (d:, e:, f:,...) you want to have within the mc panel.

> > One more suggestion: Will is be possible to include a symbolic links such
> > as c->a, d->a, e->a, f->a, g->a, h->a, i->a, etc. to the package? I might
> > be done via a post install script in case of RPM. Also the
> > apropriate extfs.ini entries would be cool.
>
> The sad thing it that nobody here really understands VFS and has enough
> time to reseach your proposal.  Can you send a patch?

OK, I can make a patch for the /usr/share/mc/extfs/extfs.ini file, but I
can't make a patch for the symlinks made via the script above.

> What are you trying to achieve?

I would like to have the opportunity to browse all my mtools drives
without the need of the extfs.ini and creating symlinks after rpm -i
mc*.rpm.

best regards

STan