2002-07-10 changes in subshell.c

Hello, there! :)

2002-07-10  Pavel Roskin  <proski gnu org>

        * subshell.c: ioctl() doesn't set errno - don't use perror() to
        report failures.  Use fprintf() instead, ignore errors from
        TIOCSWINSZ.

I've noticed this changelog entry and I'm curious if the change is actually
good. In fact ioctl() should set errno approapriately. However there is a bug
in Cygwin's implementation of ioctl() + TIOCSWINSZ - please read more about
it here: http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00820.html

It would be helpful if you read the whole thread on that topic. So, I want
to say, that  if the decision you've made is based on Cygwin's implementation
of that specific ioctl function - it is not right.

Thanks!

Pavel Tsekov

http://www.gmx.net