Problems with the mouse

Hello,
I use Linux version 2.4.16 compiled with devfs, glib version 1.2.10, gpm version 1.19.3, a PS/2 mouse with scroller (protocol imps2, device /dev/misc/psaux),ncurses version 5.2, glibc version 2.2.4, gcc version 2.95.3, and I compiled mc version 4.5.55 with S-Lang, and with gpm mouse support.
When I do an ldd to the mc executable it states that it is linked against libgpm.so, but when I run mc, the mouse does not work as expected (i.e. it still copies and pastes text even if I don't hold the shift key, and menus don't get accessed by mouse).
I started to think it is a problem of devfs, but when I run the devfsd daemon in order to have the symlinks of the old device names, the mouse in mc still does not work.
How can I get the mouse working right in mc?
Thanks.
Franco - frantz sitoverde com
Senza costi telefonici spedisci la tua posta
e naviga gratis i nostri siti su http://www.edimedia.com/