Re: regex fix for cygwin

Hi,

I agree that we must use the second  approach, i.e.:

1. Use the mc's regex code, i.e. src/regex.c and src/eregex.h.
Maybe we should rename src/regex.c to src/eregex.c just to be consistent?
2. Reenable the mc's regex code for all platforms, i.e. remove those  "#if
0"  from  src/regex.c and src/eregex.h
3. Replace all instances of  #include "regex.h"  by  #include "eregex.h"
4. Unfortunately after this we must test it on all platforms, but I don't
think we will have any problems ...

This way we will be independent of the libc's or os's implementation of
regex.

> Is it sufficient, or your patch from the previous message is still
> required?
Yes, it is required, but instead of replacing "#if 0" by "ifdef __CYGWIN__"
we must just remove them, or maybe replace them by "#if emacs" which is the
original state of this code.

If this is ok with maintainers, I can do all these changes and send a final
patch.

Alex