Re: mc-4.5.99a

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:

> Hi, Thomas!
>
> > c) while debugging for the former bug, I tried using gdb with
> >    ElectricFence.  But that didn't work.  The problem was that
> >    mc's sigwinch handler was calling resizeterm, which performs
> >    malloc's, etc., which essentially hung the process.  That was
> >    probably leftover from my first patch in 1997 or 1998.  So
> >    I ifdef'd out the (unnecessary) call.  (layout.c)
>
> This is my patch and mc with slang does not inform child(s) about
> SIGWING.  Is where more elegant way to inform child about SIGWINCH.
> Does your application(s) invoked from mc resize
> itself after mc resizing?

I only ifdef'd out the call for the ncurses case (slang is not affected).
There is a similar call in another part of the code which checks the flag
set in the handler. That works for the case I was looking at.  I didn't
test that with a child process running (just mc, and with the embedded
editor - I'm not sure how to set up a child process in the manner which
you suggest may not work).

--
T.E.Dickey <dickey herndon4 his com>
http://invisible-island.net