Re: [BUG(?)] Empty hintbar in mc-4.6.0-pre2

Hello!

> Perform the following steps several times:
>
> Options-->Layout: 'Hintbar visible' [x]; Options-->Layout-->Save
> Options-->Layout: 'Hintbar visible' [ ]; Options-->Layout-->Save
>
> I see the hintbar is empty on the second iteration.
> Is it a bug or a feature?

It's a bug.  It's fixed in CVS now.  My error.  I was trying to apply to
many patches yesterday, and sometimes my testing wasn't sufficient.

> Anyway, IMO, hintbar should always contain some text if enabled.

The hint will appear in one minute.

There is a patch for that in the patch manager.  I didn't want to apply it
because it looked too complicated, but it may be necessary, if you really
don't like the empty hint bar.  Another approach would be to reset the
hint timer to 0 (i.e. year 1970) when the hints are enabled in the Layout
dialog.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin