Re: vfs/extfs/uzip ?

Hi!

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Do you think that the hardcoded path was better?  Or you have some other
> solution?  Can you check if your solution wasn't already used in the past
> and later rejected?

Well, if there was an absolute path than it was not very good, of course.

> If you wonder why unzip needs to be called with full path, ask the author
> of that script.  It wasn't my idea.

The script must be able to work even with filename only unzip command
specification. I've just tested this and it works like a charm! This
assumes the unzip to be within the path. Well, I know that for the user
that hasn't got it in the path it would not work. OK, maybe we can come up
with some special environment variable that would contain the path to
search the external tools like unzip, mtools and other? What do you think?

> See this thread:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2002-November/msg00105.html

Irrelevant to my complaints.

best regards