Re: vfs/extfs/uzip ?

Hello!

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Standa Opichal wrote:

> I'm not sure that the uzip script should depend on the paths where the
> unzip and other needed binaries are found on the build machine. Is it
> intentional? Why?

See this thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2002-November/msg00105.html

Please do your own research.  You are asking why I did something, but if
you checked what was there before, you would see that it was much worse.
The same applies to vfs_uid.

Do you think that the hardcoded path was better?  Or you have some other
solution?  Can you check if your solution wasn't already used in the past
and later rejected?

I think it's a common practice to use configure to find paths to binaries.
The same has been done with awk for a long time, and I don't remember any
complaints.

If you wonder why unzip needs to be called with full path, ask the author
of that script.  It wasn't my idea.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin