Re: New #mtools extfs?

Hello!

> Replying to myself here after some more code investigation....

I appreciate it.

vfs_uid and vfs_gid used to be global variables, but the were never given
any values, so they were 0 all the time.

I was trying to reduce interdependencies between sources by reducing the
number of global variables and making functions and global variables
static whenever possible.

So when I found this fact, I simply changed the declaration to a
preprocessor define so that the compiler could better optimize the code.

> These checks only seves for the purpose to reload the archive contents
> when one want to open the same archive and the archive access permissions
> has changed in the meantime.

I don't see any comparison between new and old and new permissions.  This
code looks like as a limitation of what VFS can read by checking if the
user with certain permissions (vfs_uid and vfs_gid) would be able to read
the archive.  In other words, root running mc could have permissions of
some other user when using VFS.

I believe this code is completely useless in mc, and I'm removing it now.
Thank you for finding it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin