Re: New #mtools extfs?

Hi!

Replying to myself here after some more code investigation....

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Standa Opichal wrote:

> vfs_uid 0'. In any case the extfsstat is only used for explicit permission
> checks on the archive file entry. Currently these checks are out of order
> so if it all works as needed we can remove all the checks from the code
> IMHO. I can't see a reason for these in any of the vfs filesystem. The
> permission check is done by other functions used for the archive handling.
> Tip: try 'grep vfs_gid *' or 'grep vfs_uid *' in the CVS/vfs folder to see
> where it is used.

These checks only seves for the purpose to reload the archive contents
when one want to open the same archive and the archive access permissions
has changed in the meantime. This can't work as long as they are really
out of order.

I my eyes these two (vfs_uid and vfs_gid) should be set to the mc's user
uid and gid.

Any other suggestions?

regards

STan