Re[4]: problem with nls on AIX

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:30:06 -0500 (EST) Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> wrote:

> > Is it possible to add some switch to autogen.sh to NOT use any gettext
> > support at all?
>
> It's quite hard.  Some references to gettext are hardcoded in configure.in
> and Makefile.am, so they would have to be replaced or fooled somehow.
>
> I understand that you have gettext, you just cannot compile against it.

The first thing is I cannot successfully run autogen.sh with or without
gettext installed.

> Then maybe you can try --disable-nls?  It won't eliminate any support for
> gettext, but it may fix your problem.

I ran autogen.sh on another PC (Linux) and copied configure to AIX.
./configure --disable-nls ends with

config.status: creating intl/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: intl/Makefile.in

./configure --with-included-gettext also ends with the same error.

Regards,
Nerijus