Re: Help fixes & Misc.

> > The script should not be re-run if we don't preserve it.  Pressing F8
> > essentially restarts the viewer.  Possible solutions:
> >
> > 1) Get rid of the scripts, use system() or something like that.  The
> > reason to use scripts was to enforce Bourne shell syntax (see comment in
> > ext.c).  But I think that all advanced scripting should be kept out of
> > mc.ext.
> >
> > 2) Preserve scripts until the viewer exits.
>
> This is old behaviour.  Require roll back some changes from CVS.

Right, the self-removing scripts were introduced for gmc, that would
fork() an process and never erase the script itself.

If we decide that we never run anything asynchronously on F3, we can clean
scripts for the viewer when the viewer is done.  But I'm almost sure that
somebody will want to run an viewer for X on F3 and expect mc to be ready
for the next command before the viewer finishes.

Anyway, it's a good short-term solution for the viewer.

The long-term solution would be to eliminate the need in the temporary
scripts whenever possible, and or implement garbage collection for the
rest.  External viewers should be given some time to load local copies of
the remote files (possibly the VFS timestamping can be reused).

> > Maybe we could set SUBDIRS in doc/Makefile.am to @LINGUAS@ ?  By the way,
> > configure.in should be using LINGUAS, not ALL_LINGUAS.
>
> I agree with LINGUAS change, and does not require many changes.
> Unfortunatelly automake fails if any of directories from SUBDIRS does
> not exist.  And automake know nothing about GNU make functions.

But they do exist in the sources!  I understand you want to control which
of them to install, right?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin