Re: Bug in mc 4.6.0-pre1 ?

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:

> mc is function for you, and it use mc -P to
> Previous versions of mc use stderr for help and now stdout is used.

If so, then we really should direct the output of "mc -P" somewhere else.
That's a security issue too.  There are so many places where mc can write
to stdout, and in some of those places the output can be affected by
compromized remote servers.  Then we feed it to the shell.  Sounds very
unsafe.

Looks like another issue for 4.6.0.

--
Regards,