Re: mc.spec

Pavel Roskin wrote:
Hello, Andrew!

Why did you add mc.charsets to mc.spec? The rpm build is not using charset support. In fact, I cannot rebuild the rpm package now. Even using %configfile(missingok) doesn't work (I'm using rpm 4.0.4).

Sorry, but I guessed it is part of distribution.

I don't want to try %ghost, because it's probably not what you meant. For an explanation of ghost, see http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/howtos/mdk-rpm/advanced.html

What is the problem you are trying to solve?  Maybe you don't want those
who enable charset support to forget about mc.charsets?

Yes.

I can include all files matching %{_prefix}/lib/mc/*, but not all of them
are config files. In fact, RedHat thinks that it's not config files. The source rpm for 4.5.55 from RedHat 7.3 doesn't use %config for the
files in %{_prefix}/lib/mc/.  Just because something can be tweaked, it
doesn't mean it has to be preserved on upgrade.

Maybe we can use --with and %{?_with} rpm's machinery?

Staying on topic of mc.spec, maybe we should compile mc with ncurses to avoid double dependency on both slang (directly) and ncurses (through libgpm).

Well, I repored about problem with ncurses under high pressured Linux.
Also I cannot learn keys and can see some more starnge things with ncurses.