mc.spec

Hello, Andrew!

Why did you add mc.charsets to mc.spec?  The rpm build is not using
charset support.  In fact, I cannot rebuild the rpm package now.  Even
using %configfile(missingok) doesn't work (I'm using rpm 4.0.4).  I don't
want to try %ghost, because it's probably not what you meant.  For an
explanation of ghost, see
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/howtos/mdk-rpm/advanced.html

What is the problem you are trying to solve?  Maybe you don't want those
who enable charset support to forget about mc.charsets?

I can include all files matching %{_prefix}/lib/mc/*, but not all of them
are config files.  In fact, RedHat thinks that it's not config files.
The source rpm for 4.5.55 from RedHat 7.3 doesn't use %config for the
files in %{_prefix}/lib/mc/.  Just because something can be tweaked, it
doesn't mean it has to be preserved on upgrade.

Staying on topic of mc.spec, maybe we should compile mc with ncurses to
avoid double dependency on both slang (directly) and ncurses (through
libgpm).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin