Re: ext3

Hello!

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Varun Kacholia wrote:

>  hi ,
>   Sorry if my question is a re-post , but i would like to know how to
>   "recover" in case of ext3 partitions? I have ext3 and when i call for recover
>   on it...nothing is shown(although it scans some inodes as it seems).
>   Am i doing something wrong?

You are not giving enough details to reproduce the problem.  Since you
didn't even mention the version of Midnight Commander, you clearly need
some education.  Please read the following two documents:

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way, by Eric Raymond and Rick Moen

How to Report Bugs Effectively, by Simon Tatham

There is no difference between ext2 and ext3 for the purpose of
undeletion.  I just checked the CVS version of MC and it works fine on
RedHat 7.3 i386 with an unmounted ext3 partition.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin