Re: User menu entries in editor not working

Hello, David!

> #ifdef _EDIT_C
> char *edit_init_error_msg = NULL;
> #else                           /* ! _EDIT_C */
> extern char *edit_init_error_msg;
> #endif                          /* ! _EDIT_C */

Fixed.  It turned out that there was a genuine bug behind this mess.
Some errors were not reported.  E.g. run mcedit, select File->Open file,
select /etc/shadow or /dev/null or even /foo/bar - you won't see an error.
The reason is because all errors in edit.c were "scheduled" to be
displayed at some point which wasn't guaranteed to be reached :-)

> I'll make another round of cleanups in the editor today.  Hopefully it
> will fix the menu.

Yes, adding changelogs works now.  Missing error file in not considered an
error anymore.

The new snapshot is uploaded.  I appreciate your testing and hope that you
will find more bugs :-)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin