User menu entries in editor not working

I just installed Mandrake 8.1 and the latest MC snapshot (friday). Most menu
entries (like insert Changelog) didn't work. A temporary file was created
but no changes got to the edited file.

The menu entry to indent C code did work and afterwards all others did work
too. cooledit.error was created. If I delete it on the fly, things stop
working, and if I "touch cooledit.error" things work again.

The other solution I found was to add ... 1>%b 2>%e to the entries in the
menu file as issued for the indent C entry.

*8-) David

http://inbox.excite.com