Re: "Save file position" in mc editor

On Tue 13 Nov 2001 00:57, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> > It would be very nice to add a new feature to mc editor, so it will
> > remember file positions in each previously opened file, and return to
> > that position when the file will be opened next time.
> > This is very common feature of all editors, ide's and even FAR has it.
> > Are there any plans to do that?
>
> There are no plans to do that.  You are the first person who asks for this
> feature.  It should be easy to implement.
It was already implemented in my patch some month ago. And I can't work
without this feature. When I need to edit big list of sources, it's too hard
to search line where you exit from editor.

Patch for mc-4.5.55-RELEASE located at
ftp://tavrida.net/pub/unix/filemanagers/mc-4.5.55-m1.diff.gz

--
C U L8er!
Max Schedriviy                  mailto:max tavrida net