Re: Update.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> * In the future, when the GNOME VFS progresses we might
> consider replacing the current VFS with the GNOME VFS (it has
> no GUI dependencies, do not fear), but currently it lacks a
> number of features that MC has (tar browsing, extfs, fish, good
> ftp support).

But what about the other dependencies, currently:

GLIB_REQUIRED=1.2.6
GCONF_REQUIRED=0.9
OAF_REQUIRED=0.3.0
XML_REQUIRED=1.8.8

GLib isn't a problem, but the others are only used by GNOME
applications. I don't think GNU Midnight Commander should
require more libraries. GLib is enough. GNOME VFS will be
without such dependencies.

I also see AM_PROG_XML_I18N_TOOLS in configure.in

And GTK+ ?

AM_PATH_GTK(1.2.0,,
  AC_MSG_ERROR([
*** Gtk+ 1.2.0 or better is required. The latest version of Gtk+
*** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.]),
    gmodule gthread)

BTW, this is configure.in from GNOME-VFS_1_0_1 CVS tag.

--
0 pervalidus {net, {dyndns.}org} Tel: 55-21-717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)