Re: Internationalization of mc.hlp

Hello!
Pavel Roskin wrote:
: Hello, Szabolcs!
:
: I have found that you applied a patch to GNU Midnight Commander that made
: string "mc.hlp" translatable. I don't know what exactly you were trying to
: do, but I believe you have chosen a wrong way.
:
. . .
:
: Translators don't know about your hack. If you set LANG=de_DE and press F1
: in the viewer, help won't appear - there is no such file as mc.hlf. And
: please note one important detail - there is no fallback to the english
: "mc.hlp".
:
: I'm going to undo your changes. They cause too much trouble. Correct patch
: is welcome, but incorrect patches are not.
:

Some time ago I sent a patch for this purpose. It generates help filename
which is dependend on current localization and uses default English mc.hlp
if localized file does not exists. It is still waiting for commit.

WBR,
Andrew.