Re: Re: mcedit problem (2)

Hi, Andrew!

> >What needs to be done is "errno = 0".  I'm committing this patch.
>
> And what about systems where errno is a function?

I have never heard of such systems.  There are many places where
assignments to errno are used, so it should be safe.  You can even find
"errno = 0;" in the glibc-2.2.4 documnetation.

The address of errno may be a result of a function call, but errno itself
remains a valid lvalue, i.e. something that can stand on the left side of
the assignment.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin