Re: Important typo fix in guess_message_value()

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Function guess_message_value() used the "LC_MESSAGE" environment variable
> (along with some others) to determine the locale settings.
>
> What was meant is obviously "LC_MESSAGES" - the variable that affects the
> messages translated by gettext.
>
> I'm replacing "LC_MESSAGE" with "LC_MESSAGES" so that the hints and the
> translations can be set by the same variable that doesn't affect other
> locale settings (e.g. LC_COLLATE).

Hmmm, this reminds me of a problem I have forgot to tell in detail:

e.g. if $LANGUAGE is picked [it is at the first priority in
guess_message_value() ], then if $LANGUAGE is set to something like
"de:fr:pt_BR", then the hint file "/usr/lib/mc/mc.hint.de:fr:pt_BR" is
searched, which obviously doesn't exist, and the fallback
"/usr/lib/mc/mc.hint.de" will be used instead. In this case is it more
appropriate to search for "/usr/lib/mc/mc.hint.fr" and
"/usr/lib/mc/mc.hint.pt_BR" instead?

Abel