Re: GNOME legacy

On that note, I think that is an excellent topic for our next marketing meeting. :-)

We have some other topics as well including the FoG for privacy, and I will add talking at conferences and what our messages are going to be for 3.8. With Classic mode being advertised with the next release I think we're going to need to get started working on marketing materials, and what conferences we want to have a presence at so that we can start writing our papers.

sri

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:21 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> Yeah, I suspect a lot of people want to see what GNOME will deliver in terms
> of giving back the original look and feel.
>
> Legacy mode is going to look and old and crufty as we continue making GNOME
> 3 better though.  People will end up switching.

We don't actually know what "legacy mode" is going to look like, nor
do we know how good it will be. It might well be worth us thinking
about doing some expectation management prior to the 3.8 release. This
thing might well blow up in our faces.

Allan