Re: Reminder: Marketing meeting Tuesday 23, 2013\\

If we are able to use something like this and still have SIP (or whatever online dialing alternative), that's great. Currently, I do not own a regular phone number and, unfortunately, here in Brazil calls from cell phones to regular phones are a bit expensive, especially considering a 1h meeting.

- Fabiana

On 23 April 2013 09:37, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hey folks,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:36:14AM +0000, Stefania Guglielmi wrote:
> I've never made a call to a sip number, which voip do you guys use?

I tried many times but I never made that successfully. SIP is too broken
for real life use. The protocol too fragile and the networks too
unreliable. At least for me, that's discouraging enough to not even try
to take part in the phone meetings.

I found http://voicebridge.eu which provides regular landline numbers
to dial in. You can then type a number of a conference room and every
caller is place into the conference.

If the current setup works for everyone who's interested, then nothing
needs to change. If more people rather want to dial in with a regular
phone, then the service might be worth being investigated.

Cheers,
  Tobi