Re: Release notes: dislike of 'Shell' name

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
> On 09/03/2012 01:43 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
>>
>> IMO I'd rather ignore that a component like gnome-shell exists when
>> writing the user documentation bits.
>>
>> I'd rather talk about concepts and skip the implementation details,
>> meaning having categories such as:
>> - Lock Screen
>> - Overview Mode
>> - Top Panel (or whatever the thing is called)
>>    - more usage of app menu
>>    -
>> - General UI changes (gtk2+gtk3 stuff, theme updates, etc)
>> - Message Tray
>> - section per application names
>>    Only if something appears as an application in overview mode I'll use
>>    that (e.g. Disks, Files, Disk Usage Monitor, Image Viewer, etc). The
>>    internal name (nautilus) to me is meaningless for user bit of the
>>    release notes.
>
> I don't object to this approach. I think you have a point.
> - Andreas
>
> --

That makes sense to me too. From a users' perspective theres no reason
to go into details regarding individual packages.

Emily

--
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein