GNOME in the press

Hi,

I may only do this once, but I've added it to my calendar as a weekly thing. Let's see how it goes... (in general, we're taking some knocks, so this is going to be hard sometimes - if people don't like to see this let me know, but I think it's better to at least be aware of who's writing about us, and what they're saying).

Here's a summary of GNOME in the news for the last few days (courtesy of Google News Alerts). It covers a week, and so does not include Bruce's article, but does include SJVN's:

The H: GNOME Foundation announces the next two GUADEC venues http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/GNOME-Foundation-announces-the-next-two-GUADEC-venues-1754536.html

PCWorld: GNOME: The traditional Linux desktop is coming back http://www.pcworld.com/article/2016550/gnome-the-traditional-linux-desktop-is-coming-back.html

ZDNet: GNOME: Can this Linux desktop be saved? http://www.zdnet.com/gnome-can-this-linux-desktop-be-saved-7000007856/

PCWorld: With 'Cinnarch,' Arch Linux gets a sprinkle of Cinnamon: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2017162/with-cinnarch-arch-linux-gets-a-sprinkle-of-cinnamon.html

Ars Technica: F18 beta releases with GNOME 2 fork MATE (kinda): http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/11/fedora-18-beta-almost-brings-mate-alternative-to-gnome-desktop/

ZDNet: F18 Beta finally released: http://www.zdnet.com/fedora-linux-18-beta-finally-released-7000007978/

ITWire: "GNOME finally pays some attention to users" (Sam Varchese picking up on Bruce Byfield & SJVN's articles): http://www.itwire.com/business-it-news/open-source/57679-gnome-finally-pays-some-attention-to-users

The H: Second beta of GNOME 3.8 brings global search configuration: http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Second-beta-of-GNOME-3-8-brings-global-search-configuration-1757279.html

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary, Lyon, France
Email: dneary free fr / Jabber: nearyd gmail com