Getting GNOME page on gnome.org

Hi!
Shortly before the 3.4 release the web team made some adjustments to the page http://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/ This made the links for Arch Linux, Mageia and Debian smaller. I feel some explaining of the rationale behind this is in order so that we don't end up with the same thing again within the next 6 months.

We made this change so it would be more straight to get GNOME for the largest share of website visitors possible. Taking aside the fact that it's a fairly complicated business to get yourself a working GNOME 3 system compared to say, installing Firefox or LibreOffice, I felt these three systems are fair compromises (they are also ordered alphabetically): * Fedora - best in class, big download link straight off their website and a system that is very close to a vanilla GNOME 3 system (+ some software I am somewhat unhappy about like SELinux, ABRT but that's ok). * OpenSUSE - Some jumping through hoops in order to get what you're actually looking for and a certain risk of ending up with KDE or some other system in the end. I've talked to Jos and the current link is the best we can do today. [1] * Ubuntu - By default Ubuntu comes with something that is very different from what we advertise on our websites, but questions about how to install latest GNOME 3 on Ubuntu keeps coming up a lot on our G+, Facebook and news articles, so hopefully the apt:-link will do all right.

So what about the others then? I forgot about the Amazing Distro X! :)
I felt that the instructions for Arch ("GNOME is available in the _extra_ repository"), Mageia ("GNOME 3 is coming in the next version") and Debian ("In experimental, not in stable at all"). All these distros are probably really cool, but they are making things harder for our users. But! I am hopeful that their website front pages will do their best to advertise how to get a working GNOME 3 system up and running in very little time in the future.

I've also added some instructions to get the live-cd running off a USB stick, but I'm happy to hear ideas of how we can make this process more straight forward, especially for our website visitors who are on Windows systems (about 1/3 according to our website stats, I'll write a separate e-mail about our webstats later).

1. All distros have the issue of trying to be everything to everyone to some extent, so I'm not picking specifically at OpenSUSE here.
- Andreas