Re: 3.4 Press Release

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:12:28AM +0000, Allan Day wrote:
>> We should already be making progress with the press release for the
>> 3.4 release. Is anyone willing to take it on?
>>
>> I'm going to be busy with the release notes, but I'll chip in where I can.
>
> You mentioned yesterday that ideally you wanted the release-notes to be split:
> - high level overview of new features
> - link to detailed notes
>
> IMO that is a great idea. Then for the press release, we IMO (aside from
> the standard texts), we should use the same high level overview. In the
> release-notes we can link everything in the high level overview to the
> various sections. In the press release there should just be a pointer to
> the release notes. The www.gnome.org news item could be the same.
>
> For 3.4 it would just be something in the "Introduction" section. For
> 3.6 we can look at mallard, etc.
>
> Do you agree?

It certainly makes sense to have a high-level description of the key
features that we can reuse or adapt for the different pieces of
writing. I also like the idea of linking to sections in the release
notes from the press release.

I'm working on the release notes today and I'm trying to structure
them so that they provide a set of highlights.

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/