Re: 3.4 Release Notes

Thanks for kicking this off, Andre! I'll be sure to chip in where I
can. My last blog post [1] might be useful, too.

Now, a question. We typically keep the release notes secret until the
release itself. At least one member of the press has told me that this
makes it quite difficult for him to cover GNOME releases, since there
is little information about the release until it is actually out.

Is there a way we can disclose what will be in the release prior to
release day itself? Maybe the release notes could be made public with
the release candidate, for example? It would be really useful to know
what other projects do in this regard.

One other thing that we've spoken about is moving away from the
library/documentation format for the release notes. Hosting them
directly on gnome.org would give us a lot more freedom in terms of how
we present the notes (so they would look more like the GNOME 3 page
[2], for example).

Allan

[1] http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/looking-forward-to-gnome-3-4/

[2] http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/