Re: GNOME News - Progress and Plans

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Christy Eller <iamchristyeller gmail com> wrote:
Hi-

Thanks so much for your feedback-

From what I understand, Sri and Emily have been working on Journal. Sri and Allan and I had a meeting about these news ideas, and Sri was very involved in getting the news-test site infrastructure set up. He indicated that he was open to discussion about Journal.

Yes, I sent Emily the list of unpublished articles and she's working on them.  I'm looking for more contributors.

However, we will still need to work on content for journal and news and I don't think that has completely solidified yet.

In my opinion though, we should just experiment and see what works and what doesn't.

sri
Just wanted to note that the feed that is in there is http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/feed/rss, which I threw in there to test it. The structure for foundation has changed, so that will change. I have a list of feeds, and will start populating that area today.

Christy

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 04:33:51PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> It might be nice for the sender, but as you say, it's not that nice
> for the reader. I would discourage that practice. I'd much prefer
> that interesting announcements get a news article which can point to
> the announce email (like on LWN).

As long as it is on there within 24 hours, all is fine.

--
Regards,
Olav