Re: New design Live Gnome

Elena-

Did you get the quick mockup that Andreas did yesterday? He and I discussed the layout and navigation yesterday on IRC. We want to keep it very simple.

http://andreasn.myownb3.com/temp/wikilayout.png   or an svg here, which would be editable in inkscape:
http://andreasn.myownb3.com/temp/wikilayout.svg

There were a few changes we talked about making to this mockup. One was to add Sitemap to the top nav. Also, for styling, add the html bg file that I sent you recently (not the watercolor bg), add the footer called community.png that I'm attaching here, and make a new logo for live.gnome.org. I have some ideas for the logo if you need help.

Again, the main thing we are trying to get out of this is simplicity, ease of use, and the main style elements of wgo- meaning header, footer & background. If you try to make too many changes from the current theme in moin moin, I think it is going to get very complex once you start the implementation.  It primarily needs to be clean and useful. Wikis are generally styled very simply, because they are all about storing content, rather than marketing:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Main_Page

If you have any questions, or when you have an example, please email Andreas or me- or look for us on IRC. It seems like it's been very difficult for us to meet up at the same time, so let's set up an IRC meeting for Monday if possible. I really appreciate your efforts!

Thank you for your work-
Christy