Re: New design Live Gnome

Good day Elena,

Just a few more ideas to add to the mix, and sort of build on what Sri
suggested.

I attached a link to a GIMP-edited version of your original image.

http://imgur.com/6HI8G

As I am new, I am trying to get a feel for the purpose of the page, so
I did a bit of cut & paste to try and group things together or make
things flow a bit. I put Search up at the top right so it is above the
fold by default, for new and more experienced users, and I suggested
moving the User Login part a bit lower in the hierarchy (since someone
with a login would be familiar with the page).

I thought it was okay to have Join GNOME at the top (not sure where
the link goes - to another page with all of them listed, or to the
bottom of the page where they are spread out?) as well as at the
bottom, as it would seem logical we want people to join the various
projects.

Or, we could try to have only one link to each topic, to simplify
things for both users and coders (just something I picked up in my
studies of UI/UX, I believe there are 6 or 7 ways to print a document
in Microsoft Word, for instance, via shortcut keys, icons etc., some
of them do the same thing, and some of them do not work exactly the
same way).

You could experiment with that spread out list of links to the
different Teams, perhaps with justified/non-justified arrangement of
the text, alphabetical ordering maybe, or perhaps some kind of logical
arrangement based on what is most important to the project as a whole
(though I think they are all important - hence the suggestion for
alphabetical ordering).

Anyway, just some suggestions of course and apologies for hacking your
image apart (!) my GIMP-fu is still not as strong as it could be, so
the boxes in my edited copy do not always line up the way they could
or might.

Hope it helps in any case - keep up the good work - Brett