What I would like to see in gnome shell

Hello,
I now use gnome shell for a while an I start liking it. However there
are some issues I would like to have changed (OK, doing it myself...
even if I have the skill(?) I wouldn't have the time - so thank you all
for the great work on gnome anyway!):

1. When very long menus pop up in an application the top of such a menu
is hidden by the top panel. I actually noticed that when using eclipse.
IMHO a menu should either stay on top, even on top of the panel, or a
menu must not overlap with the panel at all.

2. There are dialogs -- modal I assume -- that stay positioned on top of
the parent application's window and cannot be dragged on their own. Nice
idea, but sometimes such a dialog hides information from the application
that I want/need to see. Currently I don't have any chance to work
around that. Please don't create software that assumes to be smarter
than the user! It would definitely be better to give the user a chance
to move the dialog! Perhaps it could stay in relativ position to it's
parent window?

Regards
Marcus