Re: youtube GNOME channel..

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> It seems that our GNOME channel is languishing.  For the life of me I cannot
> figure out how to mark videos as part of the GNOME channel.  We have several
> 3.0 related videos that I would like to see tagged.

Which videos do you want to tag? I'm generally of the view that we
should limit ourselves to pushing high quality videos.

At the moment, I just want our 3.0 videos that we did.  I don't have any other ones at the moment.

As for quality I'm not sure.  I think it depends on what the channel wants to be used for.  The original idea behind the channel was to have a place for people to get videos on how to use GNOME effectively, to highlight features, learn how to use our popular applications.

I agree a certain standard needs to met, but it shouldn't be so onerous that we get nothing.  Probably something we have to play by ear.

> Secondly, I've thought of some web ads that would be kind of cool that would
> kind of push apps like Pritvi.  For instance:
>
> Cost of your operating system  - 0
> Cost of your video program - 0
> Cost of making this ad - 0
> 0 + 0 + 0 + your creativity = your creativity, your enthusiasm.
>
> Unleash your creativity with GNOME

I like the concept. :)

Yeah, I think it'll be good.  It's too late to do this stuff  for 3.4, but 3.6 should be fair game.

sri

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org