Re: Fwd: Idea on linux.com article on a11y

On 02/24/2012 05:21 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 02/22/2012 07:36 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
>> When dealing with the press there is always a bit of a risk especially
>> if you're trying to manipulate them :)
>
> You know this is a publicly archived mailing list, yes? :) Several
> members of the press are members of this list too, you know...
>> Create a rebuttal article to the Linux.com article which bemoans the
>> lack of good a11y.   By stating in fact that we are in fact have great
>> a11y support thanks to the efforts of the GNOME foundation and
>> contributors.
>
> Having read Carla's article, I can't find fault with a single thing
> she says. Juanjo said the exact same thing in this thread. GNOME 3 has
> regressed some from GNOME 2 with the deprecation of Bonobo and Orca
> didn't work well with GNOME 3.0 at all.

I agree. The only fault, if we can call that, is that she focus on the
past, but she didn't mention at all improvements since GNOME 3.0,
current status and future plans. Something like answer the question "Do
we have an action plan to get back to where we were before?" that you
made in this thread. So I think that it is worth to write a continuation
of her mail (what Juanjo is doing right now). Something that Joanmarie
already made somehow as a comment to her article.

> So - what exactly is there to rebut? Let's celebrate successes instead
> of trying tactics to gain notoriety (and, since she's exactly right,
> you end up risking a "GNOME 3 not accessible" article coming right
> back at you that you could spend years trying to overcome).

I agree.

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias