If we really do have a good accessibility story, and legitimate gripes with the linux.com story, then it sounds like it's worth a shot.

Cheers,
Dave.

On 02/22/2012 07:36 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I sent this to Karen, and I would like to get a wider feedback on this
course of action.

When dealing with the press there is always a bit of a risk especially
if you're trying to manipulate them :)

sri

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Sriram Ramkrishna* <sri ramkrishna me <mailto:sri ramkrishna me>>
Date: Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Idea on linux.com <http://linux.com> article on a11y
To: Karen Sandler <karen gnome org <mailto:karen gnome org>>
Cc: Juanjo Marín <juanjomarin96 yahoo es <mailto:juanjomarin96 yahoo es>>

I was talking with Juanjo today and came up with an idea.  I'm wondering
if this is something you would support:

Create a rebuttal article to the Linux.com article which bemoans the
lack of good a11y.  By stating in fact that we are in fact have great
a11y support thanks to the efforts of the GNOME foundation and
contributors.  We can either make it another Linux.com article or we
could generate our own news.gnome.org <http://news.gnome.org> or
something.  The idea is to create a conversation of viewpoints.  But
more importantly, to try to attract third party media who love these
kind of controversies.  We get several benefits, linux.com
<http://linux.com>'s gets a higher media exposure and as well we do.  We
would hopefully create an effect of having media focus on a11y
technologies in Linux or maybe in general.

Basically, create a meme with some media manipulation.

What do you think?

sri

--
Dave Neary