Re: GNOME Journal

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Emily Gonyer <emilyyrose gmail com> wrote:
I've just been brainstorming how we're going to publish the GNOME Journal/Quarterly Reports going forward, and was wondering what everyone thought of doing it online, but also offering a downloadable e-book version (in multilple formats - PDF, epub, kindle, etc), perhaps even checking how we could make it available on Amazon & other e-book retailers, for greater availability.

I think that is a great idea.  During the early days of GNOME Journal, a lot of us wanted to do something like this.

We wanted to write an article using tags, then extract them out into PO files where the text could be translated by the translation team and then we could then push them out as pdf, text, html etc.

We in fact wrote all the tools, but didn't figure out a way to make it work on the journal itself.  However, the of GNOME used them!

Wordpress doesn't seem to lend itself to that kind of thing.  I don't know.

What does everyone think?

How would you propose doing this?  Also have you thought about translation into other languages?

sri

Emily

--
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein