Re: GNOME FOSDEM Stand

Dear Allan,

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 15:05 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
> how did
> you think the stand worked, and what could we improve for next time?

I didn't spend much time behind the stand (thanks to everybody else who
helped and did much much more work!) but dumping what I remember from
when I wasn't drunk or slacking or both:

      * I was asked twice if the POSTERS ("official desktop of happy
        people") are available but did not know the wiki URL by heart.
        For the next print it should be written on them in a small font
        in a dark corner.
      * Tobias put up some of our available t-shirts but we were missing
        a ROPE/TAPE so we ended up using two network cables to get them
        onto the wall. It had a geeky charme so maybe we should not fix
        this.
      * The LEAFLET includes a screenshot of GNOME 2 (and doesn't look
        great if they are just black and white photocopies).
      * Tobias wants one of these STAND-UP displays that are a poster in
        120x200cm and can be rolled up. I have no idea what it's called
        and no idea yet what to put onto it.
      * I sometimes wonder (for geeky audiences) if we should have a
        how-to help list handy, like some (real) examples for tasks
        where we need help (e.g. application $foo needs updated
        documentation or $bar's maintainer is AWOL and you could take
        over). Might not make us look good though, so maybe just a
        printed summary of the "Getting involved" page showing that
        there are many areas where people can contribute and that you
        don't need to be a coder. OUTREACH.
      * Not Fosdem specific: The STICKERS with the foot logo don't help
        spreading the word to people who do not know what the logo
        stands for. If we had stickers with a "gnome.org" URL on them
        our street teams could put them onto every traffic light and
        toilet door of those hip clubs and schools where the cool kids
        go that should really check out our project. Of course our
        street teams should only do this in countries where wild
        advertising is legal(TM)!

Cheers,
andre
--