Re: Our first Gnome Char draft

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:21 AM, alex diavatis <alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

For the people that don't know yet, we are trying to make a promotional fan 3d animation for Gnome.
I guess not all of you will approve a Gnome character, but it's a Gnome fan club effort :)

Hmm.. interesting.  I'm not sure I have formed an opinion on the mascot.

My idea of a character probably wouldn't have involved using the GNOME logo and evolving it into a character.

I would probably have added some friends, right now with just the whites of the eyes might be a little scary for little children. :-)

I attached our first draft, which isn't completed yet, and we have a cartoon like material and a metallic. We would like to know if you have
some ideas that we can use on it.

See above comment about the eyes.

We have two scripts. The first one will be similar with what you have now on your Gnome page with the guy (sorry I don't know his name)
that presents in video the features of Gnome. Our Gnome Char (nameless) will be in a room and will use

1. Desktop for his work --and we zoom a video with office applications
2. Laptop --and we zoom emails etc
3. Touch screen and we zoom twitter, messaging etc

Neat!

The second script (which is harder) will be a fully commercial that Gnome Char will presents all the advantages of Gnome and open source,
and we'll make some scenes with millions of Gnome Chars similar to iRobot movie -but in worse quality :)

Cool, it sounds like a great effort, I would be very interested in seeing how this turns out. :)

sri

Thank you

- alex

*Ps I couldn't attach the images on the ML, it asked from an moderator approval so I uploaded them on
https://plus.google.com/u/1/112026213399155142823/posts/1cdMg8odtqk