Re: push back on negative articles

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
I love that we're re-evaluating the ways that we handle press and that
we're looking for opportunities to improve.

I can accept that.  But I won't allow gross mis-characterizations to go unchallenged.  I can use my own plus page for that... although I might also use the comment section to gently explain our side.

I would not create any new pages that link to the article, but I think commenting on the article in a very positive, fact based way, could be good. As we see from Olav and Larry's conversation, it's one we all feel strongly about so we need to be careful.

I think it's also worth reaching out to Bruce. I'm happy to do intros. I think the right person to talk to him is someone who is passionate about GNOME 3, very patient and a good listener. :)

Stormy