Re: Website(s) todo list

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Brian Cameron wrote:

> While foundation.gnome.org is looking much better, it seems really hard
> to find pages like:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/foundation/governance/
> http://www.gnome.org/foundation/membership/

I don't agree with you here, the 'membership' page is definitely not
hard to find, it has two links on the homepage, but I would love
having a sidebar with all the available pages under the /foundation
hood. (like we do on [1] for example)

> http://www.gnome.org/foundation/finance/
> http://www.gnome.org/foundation/reports/
> https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard
>
> And the voting section used to be part of fgo, but seems unlinked at
> all from the fgo pages.  The voting section still seems to use the
> old look and feel but is not listed on the TODO page:
>
> http://vote.gnome.org/

The vote area had to remain at its old place for many reasons, one of
them is the fact we don't have a ready voting platform available
elsewhere. As I outlined many times, the plan is to integrate it into
Mango (not the one we know, but the django version, which is a
work-in-progress), so I'm not sure whether we should spend time
designing a new voting area at this moment of time. (it has to be said
that the Mango re-design will take ages cause Jeff Schroeder's busy
times)

It would be a big plus if the Board could start discussing a renewed
voting system or platform, the one we use is really outdated.

cheers,

Andrea

[1] http://www.gnome.org/foundation/governance