Re: Developing GNOME News

I feel like having a base page, where we can update frequently w/ stuff as it occurs - ie a news site, is definetly important. I also feel like having a link to the dedicated GNOME Journal would be a good thing, and that everytime GJ updates a notice can/should be posted on the 'news' site so people are aware when that occurs. Why not use news.gnome.org for news and journal.gnome.org for the Journal, w/ a monthly (or at least bi-monthly) release cycle for the Journal?

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:25:31PM +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> *** Use news.gnome.org ***
>
> This only carries syndicated content right now. We could turn it into
> a site that pushes stories from elsewhere and has its own original
> content, however (like LWN does). This approach appeals to me because
> it would mean that we would have a single place for both kinds of
> content. GNOME News could also pull in content from GNOME Journal and
> gnome.org, creating a single place for news.

What happens to the existing content?

--
Regards,
Olav

--
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein