Re: About worldofgnome org

Hello Karen,

I didn't know about not allowed to use word Gnome on the domain, seems a bit weird, sorry about it.
Thank you for considering to allow us to use Gnome Logo

Nope there isn't any reason to release this week,we just felt that we have to release some time, even in alpha state.
So we can wait for you.

However I guess I have to explain some things about Wogue.

1. We want to think GNOME as operating system
That means our Page Material will exceed the Gnome as core and will go on Themes, Applications, Extensions etc

2. We like Gnome because is beautiful and productive not only because is open
Because Gnome is OS (for us), it runs applications. And applications aren't always open.
So we are going to advertise Apps that aren't open like Steam (if comes natively on Linux, not just on Wine) and Penumbra.
We want to show people all the good things that Gnome HAS and RUNS

3. Of course we are going to show plenty of pure pure Gnome

I guess you don't quite like the things above (2), but ...

Taking this opportunity to talk to you, I want to say that,

We want to see GNOME as GNOME OS, Fedora Gnome, Ubuntu Gnome ( OK that's dead) or whatever. It is very sad that this awesome product hasn't the recognition that deserves.
Seems like paradox to me that everyone he sees it, he likes it, but few people have it. And of course the answer is that missing the applications, advertisement and consistency(?).
Fortunately today we don't use Apps so much as we have everything online, but every good app that runs on Linux has to be advertised, no matter if it is open or commercial.

On the other hand if you do not like "commercial apps" under Gnome Logo ( understood )  we can run in on a subdomain. In any case we make clear if a app is open, part of Gnome, or not.

Well, WoGue loves GNOME and wants to promote it on people that don't like mailing lists, don't write on open source forums, don't care about how it works.
We want to make an enjoyable page with fancy stuff that focus more on Design and Art. And Shell is ART :)

Thank you,

- alex