Re: GNOME Journal and World of GNOME Re: About worldofgnome org

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM, alex diavatis <alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
Hello Sri,

The principle goal of GJ is to promote GNOME through articles.  You had mentioned interviews and the like and that's where I felt the overlap was.
How many people are in your tam to do this?  I'm just curious?  Would they be available to work on GNOME things for marketing/ GNOME Journal as well?

Right now we are 3. Seems few, but we are ok to produce the kind of material we want. For example, 1 of us writes on osarena.net. He manages 20 interviews a month.
On contrary with GJ we want much more simpler things, we target to easiness of read. We don't want so much technical. And we go beyond Gnome also.
We consider GNOME and Linux one thing.
We have a section called Community. We will try somehow to bring together some GNOME sources.

Would be glad if we could help you, but we haven't the knowledge to write so deep articles as GJ has. And personally I don't want to committed as I have huge amount of work.
Basically we need you to help us :)
On the end of the day we have to see how the people will respond, we haven't open yet, if we get like 500 hits a day, there is no meaning to continue :)

OK, that's fine.  I'm okay with that..  Let us know though if you're interested in writing more in depth ones.  As I said earlier, Linux Foundation is happy to re-publish any articles we come up with on Linux.com so we'll have some access to people outside our readership.  Which is where we want to go.

sri

Regards
- alex