Re: Words about GNOME in 2011

Time surely flies fast, this lines already feel ancient to me ;)
Anyway, here is my modified translation, now you'll just have to find
someone to put it in proper english :-P

hope that helps
cheers
Andreas

"With GNOME 3.0 the desktop basically reinvents itself, the user
experience differs in significant ways from the current GNOME. This also
means: Those who switch to the new version might need to take some time
to explore all the new concepts. But this is definitely time well spent.
Once you get used to the new workflow - and overcome your own resistance
to change itself - the strengths of the GNOME3 concept show more and
more clearly and you begin to discover all those little niceties that
soon you wouldn't want to miss anymore. A real advantage is that you can
see that the desktop has been thought "as a whole" during development,
everything has this certain consistent feeling, both in regards to the
looks and the user experience itself."

--
Andreas Proschofsky
Gentoo Developer / OpenOffice.org