Collaboration Summit media training

Hi all,

A few months ago, I was talking to Jennifer Cloer, the Linux
Foundation's Director of Communications, and I asked her if she'd ever
considered running a media training session for free software
developers, which would help us improve the situation. She was very
enthusiastic about it, and we quickly agreed that the Linux Foundation
Collaboration Summit would be a great opportunity to make it happen. We
made contact with Amanda McPherson, who thought it was a good idea, and
the deal was done.

On Thursday April 7th (the day after the release of GNOME 3.0!), we will
run a 4 hour session aimed at giving participants knowledge and tools to
deal more effectively with the press.

Among the topics which Jennifer will cover are:

    * Building your story
    * Communications "channels" and when & how to use them
    * Media Training 101
    * Role-Playing Media Interviews
    * Social Media 101
    * Q&A: Upcoming opportunities for your project

As a communications professional with lots of experience, Jennifer is
really well placed to give this training. I'm personally looking forward
to it, and would recommend any free software marketing people to attend.
Space is limited, but open to all Summit attendees. If you do plan to
attend, I'd appreciate you letting me know, so that we have an idea of
the numbers we can expect.

I know it'll be a busy time for GNOME, so I am expecting a lower GNOME
participation than usual at the summit this year, but if anyone here
*is* planning on attending, I think it'd be a great way to spend some time.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary